Frequently Asked Questions
A Women’s Pregnancy Center educates, supports and empowers women facing unplanned pregnancies with compassionate care. If you think you may be pregnant or you are considering abortion, we are here to help!
What do I need to bring to an appointment?
Just a photo ID.
Do I need an appointment?
What does it cost?
All pregnancy services are free and confidential. AWPC tests for gonorrhea ($18), chlamydia ($18), syphilis ($11), HIV ($9), trichomonas/trich ($10), and bacterial vaginosis/BV ($10). There is no payment for the visit itself, just the testing.
If I’m under 18, do I need my parents’ permission?
Because STD and pregnancy testing can often lead to a wide range of follow-up discussions, we encourage all of our clients to talk to a family member or friend that they trust. If you choose, you may bring them to the appointment. However, because of the Sexual Health Reproductive laws in Florida, we are able to provide pregnancy and STD testing to you without parental consent. We also strive to provide all of our services at the lowest cost possible so that there is no need for services to be billed to you or your guardian’s insurance provider. We pride ourselves in making your health and confidentiality our top priority.
Can I bring someone with me?
We encourage you to bring someone who will support you. Your guest will be able to join you for some parts of your confidential appointment at your request.
What can I expect when I visit?
- Review the Reproductive Health Screening that AWPC offers, including pregnancy testing, ultrasound, and STD testing.
- Review your health history and answer your questions.
- Perform a clinical pregnancy test. If positive,
- Perform a non-diagnostic ultrasound exam when the technician is available to confirm uterine pregnancy and fetal heartbeat.
- Review all of your pregnancy options, including parenting, adoption, and abortion procedures, risks and side effects.
- Review your customized Personal Resource List and provide any necessary medical, insurance, and community support referrals.
Do you provide the abortion pill or in-clinic abortions?
A Women’s Pregnancy Center does not offer or refer for abortion. We provide medically accurate information about abortion procedures and counseling. We provide you with a free limited ultrasound to determine a viable pregnancy and to see fetal heartbeat. We believe is is every woman’s right to be well informed before making such a life altering decision when pregnant.